POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : height field based on TGA file and UV mapping : Re: height field based on TGA file and UV mapping Server Time
27 Jun 2024 17:37:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height field based on TGA file and UV mapping
From: clipka
Date: 22 Apr 2012 17:44:02
Message: <4f947ba2$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.04.2012 19:23, schrieb rodv92:

> i would like to know if it is possible to use uv mapping for file based height
> fields ?

You can always give it a try. I /think/ it works (despite not being
mentioned in the docs), but I don't know for sure off the top of my hat.

> all i get is a stretched texture (long lines) on planar sections parallel to the
> xz plane

You can also use "warp { planar y }" at the end of the texture
definition to pick a single slice of the texture in the xz plane and
project that along the y axis onto your height field.