POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Troubleshooting ambient light Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:38:54 EDT (-0400)
  Troubleshooting ambient light (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: emchristiansen
Subject: Troubleshooting ambient light
Date: 6 Jan 2011 03:25:01
Message: <web.4d257a90bae8217abd6d9bb90@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I'm a very new user, and I'm having trouble getting ambient light to appear in
my scene. The only thing in my scene is an object that I created using another
tool. The object shows up fine, as long as I shine a light on it. I just can't
figure out how to get ambient light to "shine" on it. I've pasted the code
below.

Thanks!

*********************
#include "person_000000_expression_neutral_POV_geom.inc"
#default {finish {ambient 1}}
global_settings {
  max_trace_level 30
  ambient_light rgb<1,1,1>
}
camera {
  perspective
  up <0,1,0>
  right -x*image_width/image_height
  location <0.000000, 75.000000, 500.000000>
  look_at <0, 0, 0>
  angle 32.93461 // horizontal FOV angle
}
light_source {
  <0.000000, 75.000000, 500.000000> //light position
  color rgb <1,1,1>*1.6
  parallel
  point_at <0,0,0>
}