POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : My images are too 'clinical'. Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:09:45 EDT (-0400)
  My images are too 'clinical'. (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: D103
Subject: Re: My images are too 'clinical'.
Date: 18 Feb 2011 20:45:00
Message: <web.4d5f1bffcf3f09e7d084ff40@news.povray.org>
I have now completed a full test render @ 1024x768 pixels, this took 21 1/2
hours.

I'm very satisfied with the results, and am now two days into rendering a 12.5
mega-pixel image. If the current rate of progress is anything to go by, it
should be finished in another week and a half.

Just one very small problem, while I am happy with the crackle patterned texture
for the street paving, it looks just a little _too_ irregular, as opposed to the
brick pattern, which looked to straight and clean cut.

Is there any pattern/macro/anything which can resemble a cobbled street or
something similar?

Many thanks everyone for the help,
D103

Post a reply to this message

> Is there any pattern/macro/anything which can resemble a cobbled street or
> something similar?

You might like to try the CobbledStreetMacro or CurvedPaving macros from
the PovRay library collections.
http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index.php

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> Is there any pattern/macro/anything which can resemble a cobbled
>> street or
>> something similar?
>
> You might like to try the CobbledStreetMacro or CurvedPaving macros from
> the PovRay library collections.
> http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index.php

Also, take a look at the Irregular_Bricks_Ptrn() macro from textures.inc.
There is a description of the macro and it's parameters in the inc file,
just before the macro itself.

Alain

Post a reply to this message