POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Semi-transparent photograph overlaid an image Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Semi-transparent photograph overlaid an image (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Semi-transparent photograph overlaid an image
Date: 16 Sep 2010 20:35:01
Message: <web.4c92b6faac5cfc7634d207310@news.povray.org>
I was trying to overlay a semi-transparent PNG over my image. I came up with a
very inelegant solution for the textured box.  (I have the box and image
positioning down pat.)

Can anyone offer up a simple solution for texturing a semi-transparent box
overlaid on a scene, one that is relatively independent of the SDL lighting that
hits it?

thanks.

Post a reply to this message

I'm not sure I understand well what you mean but to get your box independent
from scen lighting, finish{ambient 1 diffuse 0} is a good start :)
BTW did you try screen.inc ?
Marc

web.4c92b6faac5cfc7634d207310@news.povray.org...
>I was trying to overlay a semi-transparent PNG over my image. I came up
>with a
> very inelegant solution for the textured box.  (I have the box and image
> positioning down pat.)
>
> Can anyone offer up a simple solution for texturing a semi-transparent box
> overlaid on a scene, one that is relatively independent of the SDL
> lighting that
> hits it?
>
> thanks.

Post a reply to this message