POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Semi-transparent photograph overlaid an image : Re: Semi-transparent photograph overlaid an image Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:37:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Semi-transparent photograph overlaid an image
From: gregjohn
Date: 17 Sep 2010 11:35:01
Message: <web.4c938a61a32ab61da00085090@news.povray.org>
Thanks, but I know how to get a PNG image in front of the camera, and I see this
as the main benefit of screen.inc.

What I want is to place semi-transparent image in front of the camera, such that
what I see is generally X% my PNG, 100-X% the regular camera.  I came up with a
very inelegant way to do this, but it was so clunky and sensitive to the room
lighting.

I am wondering what would be the way to **texture** a box so it is a
semi-transparent overlay on top of my scene.