POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I make a sun-like object? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:09:04 EDT (-0400)
  How can I make a sun-like object? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: D103
Subject: How can I make a sun-like object?
Date: 4 Sep 2010 19:55:01
Message: <web.4c82da9e901b2f6783747d3f0@news.povray.org>
I have made a scene using heightfields to make a mountain range, and I wanted to
add a sun positioned just above the mountains. I have tried using a sphere with
media, a disc object with a pigment map, and a looks_like statement, but nothing
seems to work. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

D103

Post a reply to this message

> I have made a scene using heightfields to make a mountain range, and I wanted to
> add a sun positioned just above the mountains. I have tried using a sphere with
> media, a disc object with a pigment map, and a looks_like statement, but nothing
> seems to work. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

You might want to explain /what/ seems wrong with those approaches.

Post a reply to this message

> I have made a scene using heightfields to make a mountain range, and I wanted to
> add a sun positioned just above the mountains. I have tried using a sphere with
> media, a disc object with a pigment map, and a looks_like statement, but nothing
> seems to work. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

  A disc object would probably work ok. It's just a question of designing
a good and realistic texture for it.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message