POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Color per vertex triangle mesh to suitable POV-Ray construct Server Time
5 Jul 2024 04:31:11 EDT (-0400)
  Color per vertex triangle mesh to suitable POV-Ray construct (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: PerNyblom
Subject: Color per vertex triangle mesh to suitable POV-Ray construct
Date: 4 Dec 2009 13:40:00
Message: <web.4b19573bd11f60cb1384d1150@news.povray.org>
Hello!

I have used OpenGL for some time and am used to having a color for each vertex
in objects.
Is there some way to convert an object (such as a triangle mesh) where there are
colors for each vertex into some POV-Ray equivalent?

I used image maps with uv mapping when it is simple to construct an image from
the colors, for example when they are placed in a regular 2D grid, but for
arbitrary meshes I don't really know any easy way out.

I know that one can "unwrap" a mesh with for example Blender, but I would prefer
to just be able to specify the vertex colors directly.

Post a reply to this message

PerNyblom <per### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Is there some way to convert an object (such as a triangle mesh) where there are
> colors for each vertex into some POV-Ray equivalent?

  You can define a texture for each vertex point of a mesh.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 16:38:51 -0200, PerNyblom <per### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have used OpenGL for some time and am used to having a color for each
> vertex
> in objects.
> Is there some way to convert an object (such as a triangle mesh) where
> there are
> colors for each vertex into some POV-Ray equivalent?

Yes, a mesh2 lets you specify textures for each triangle vertex.
(http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/293/ )

Hugo.

Post a reply to this message