POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Laser Light Source with Photons... Server Time
2 Jun 2024 06:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Laser Light Source with Photons... (Message 10 to 19 of 19)
From: Blue Herring
Subject: Re: Laser Light Source with Photons...
Date: 18 Jul 2008 10:53:33
Message: <4880ae6d$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,
   I've only had a moment to skim your code, but you will need photons
to be able to have the light do anything after it reflects.  I was
messing with something very similar a while back and wrote something
about it here that might help.  Basically I needed to end up bumping up
my photons media parameter (though yours is probably plenty high, just
enable it) and really increasing the media samples.

Here's the message:
http://news.povray.org/web.47af1f65c0351d35b05f96f70%40news.povray.org
There's some other good suggestions in the rest of the thread as well.

This is the scene file when I finally got it working:
http://news.povray.org/web.47af219494e592ceb05f96f70%40news.povray.org

and the corresponding image:
http://news.povray.org/web.47af23af94e592ceb05f96f70%40news.povray.org

Hope its helpful.