POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Bump / Normal height Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Bump / Normal height (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Woody
Subject: Bump / Normal height
Date: 13 Aug 2007 22:45:00
Message: <web.46c1166a18f10146e3b389310@news.povray.org>
I can't seem to figure out how to change the intensity of normal surfaces
from the pov documentation. i.e how far a normal surface portrudes from the
regular surface of an object.

How do I change how far the checker lines extend beyond the 2 unit radius of
the sphere?

Is there any to also change the width of the lines (i.e) thicker lines, but
keeeping the area of each square relatively the same?

The pic and source are as follows
http://www.geocities.com/jeffwood581981/bump.bmp
http://www.geocities.com/jeffwood581981/bump.txt

Any help is greatly appreciated.