POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help with realistic sky? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Help with realistic sky? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: mtxcoll
Subject: Help with realistic sky?
Date: 13 Aug 2007 16:20:00
Message: <web.46c0bc2dbf3fa92e92d2e3120@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm experimenting on POV-Ray trying to make a realistic Earth-like sky
using scattering media and need help finding a place to start. I haven't
found any good tutorials on how to accomplish this, and my own attempts
always seem to make the atmosphere look too dark or too bright.

Also, I'm trying to use realistic proportions for the Sun in my scene,
placing it at a distance of about 1 AU (1.5e11 m) from the observer and
using a sphere of radius 7.0e8 m. However, the sphere isn't visible in my
scene when I do this, even when I scale the units to 1.5e4 and 7.0
respectively. Is the Sun really that small  in the sky, or am I doing
something wrong?

Post a reply to this message