POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : [Noob] Camera help Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:00 EDT (-0400)
  [Noob] Camera help (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Caligula
Subject: [Noob] Camera help
Date: 21 Jun 2007 10:00:02
Message: <web.467a84289c4ccf4c7b1722700@news.povray.org>
I can't get the camera to go where I want it to go, when I put in
coordinates, it always ends up being rotated. What am I doing wrong (or
what should I be doing right)?

Post a reply to this message

From: Verm
Subject: Re: [Noob] Camera help
Date: 21 Jun 2007 12:00:26
Message: <467aa09a$1@news.povray.org>
Caligula wrote:
> I can't get the camera to go where I want it to go, when I put in
> coordinates, it always ends up being rotated. What am I doing wrong (or
> what should I be doing right)?

As with any question:
What are you trying to do?

What are you doing?
(at least post your camera code)

What goes "wrong"?
(what do you mean rotated? there are 3 axes of rotation - which do you
have problem with?)

Where is the problem with using a standard camera and setting the
location and the look at points?

camera{
   up y
   right x*image_width/image_height
   location <0,2,-10>         //where the camera is
   look_at  <0,2,0>           //where you want to look
   angle 41
}

Post a reply to this message