POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : [Noob] Camera help : Re: [Noob] Camera help Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Noob] Camera help
From: Alain
Date: 21 Jun 2007 17:38:47
Message: <467aefe7$1@news.povray.org>
Caligula nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/06/21 09:59:
> I can't get the camera to go where I want it to go, when I put in
> coordinates, it always ends up being rotated. What am I doing wrong (or
> what should I be doing right)?

Here are the parameters of a default camera:
camera{
	location <0,0,0>
	right 4/3
	up <0,1,0> // can be shortened to up y
	direction <0,0,1>// can be shortened to direction z
	sky y
}
If you place it on the y axis and look along it, it can get confused. A
workaround would to place it at the same distance but along the -z axis then
rotate 90*x to bring it on the +y axis.
Instead of using:
camera{location 10*y look_at -y} or camera{location 10*y direction -y}
use:
camera{location -10*z rotate 90*x}

You may confuse the axis system: +x is toward the right, +y is up (vertical) and
+z is away (horizontal).

--
Alain
Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.