POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rendering gloss Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  rendering gloss (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: pierre
Subject: rendering gloss
Date: 1 Mar 2007 04:40:01
Message: <web.45e69f57d562f0bbdf647ff0@news.povray.org>
Hi everybody,

I have a surface (not a flat surface) and I want to simulate the gloss
effect on this surface. My light source move around my object and my camera
has an angle of 60 degres compared to the normal of the considered surface.
Logically the maximum of light  intensity on my surface should be when the

the normal.
But the maximum is reached when the light source is located at the normal!
I do not know how to fix this problem. I guess I have to improve the
declaration of the finish of the object.
I tried with:
reflection 1
specular 1
and with the phongs parameters...