POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture help needed Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Texture help needed (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Stephen
Subject: Texture help needed
Date: 12 Oct 2006 09:45:00
Message: <web.452e464ea4e3cf9df1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
I would like to make a texture for a regular object like a sphere or blob
that would have a base colour with random (controllable) spots of another
colour. Like measles spots or a toadstool. I am at a loss, and would
appreciate a hint or clue about how to go about it?

TIA

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I would like to make a texture for a regular object like a sphere or blob
> that would have a base colour with random (controllable) spots of another
> colour. Like measles spots or a toadstool. I am at a loss, and would
> appreciate a hint or clue about how to go about it?

You could make a union of small  random (controlable) spheres and use
object_pattern
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/386/
but it's boolean, so you'll get sharp borders to your spots

Marc

Post a reply to this message