POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make a texture look good from close-up and far away Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  How to make a texture look good from close-up and far away (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: clum
Subject: How to make a texture look good from close-up and far away
Date: 15 Oct 2006 04:50:01
Message: <web.4531f4dfb745552628f573980@news.povray.org>
I am making a large room with marble walls. I am having trouble getting a
texture as detailed as marble look nice at a far distance. I made a simple
scene to demonstrate the problem:

#include "colors.inc"
#include "stones.inc"

box{0, 100 texture {T_Stone27}}
light_source {50 rgb 1}
camera {location 1 look_at <0, 0, 50> }

With no antialiasing, this looks terrible. It's not much better with +a0.3.
The only way I can get it to look half-decent is with +a0.0 +am2 which
takes a very long time to render, and still has a fake, drained-out look
about it. How do I make a detailed texture look nice even from far away?

Post a reply to this message