POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make a texture look good from close-up and far away : Re: How to make a texture look good from close-up and far away Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make a texture look good from close-up and far away
From: clum
Date: 15 Oct 2006 05:05:00
Message: <web.4531f8d763b7ac7728f573980@news.povray.org>
Please note that this problem is only at a lower resolution, such as
512x384. At 1280x1024, it looks half-decent (I just tried) especially with
+a0.3. But in my particular case, I have walls at even larger distances
from the camera, which would look bad even at such a high resolution. Of
course, even without antialiasing, rendering at such a high resolution
takes time. I do have the option of leaving off the fancy antialiasing and
then just turning it on for a final render, but I still have the problem
that with such extreme antialiasing it looks quite washed out. Also, it
would be niced to be able to be able to see something of what it will look
like as I work on it from an artistic point of view.
So that brings me back to the question - how do I make detailed textures
look nice from far away?