POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make a texture look good from close-up and far away : Re: How to make a texture look good from close-up and far away Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make a texture look good from close-up and far away
From: Slime
Date: 15 Oct 2006 15:13:11
Message: <45328847$1@news.povray.org>
For test renders, I recommend using a simpler pigment that doesn't take so
long to look nice. (Just a solid color, for instance.) Then you can test
without heavy anti-aliasing.

To make it look nice with anti-aliasing, start with +a0.1 +am2 and then play
with values for +r. +r5 looks pretty good to me. Higher will be
better/slower.

Now, if you don't like the way it looks with that much anti-aliasing, then
the problem is that the features on your texture are so small that at a
distance they blur into almost a single color. That's not a problem with
anti-aliasing, it's a problem with the texture.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]