POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : making a a-symetrical roof Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  making a a-symetrical roof (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: joost 1972
Subject: making a a-symetrical roof
Date: 15 Jul 2006 09:20:01
Message: <web.44b8ea336192215eef5b9f0a0@news.povray.org>
Hi. Is there a object tool in POV-Ray with which you can simply state the
corner points of an object and POV-ray creates it? I need to make a long
house roof with an off-centre top (base: <0,0,0>, <8,0,0>, <8,0,4> and
<0,0,4>, top <1,3,1> to <7,3,3>). I finaly managed one roof using different
objects and csg, but I need a lot of different roofs. If anyone can help me
with a simple way to contruct my roof, I would be very gratefull.
Thanks, Joost.
P.S. Since I started using POV-ray I have 3D objects entering my dreams at
night. Is this a normal side-effect?

Post a reply to this message

Write your roof code with variable names in place of the hard numbers....
Then put it in a #macro like:

#macro (Roof_Height, Roof_Width, Roof_Type, More_Parameters_etc)
// roof building code here
#end

Although I bet somebody around here has some macros for this already...  It
just depends on whether you want to write your own.

Charles

PS, Yes I think so...., or as a distraction from falling asleep.