POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : animation: blending over from pigment{P_Cloud4} to white sky Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  animation: blending over from pigment{P_Cloud4} to white sky (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: wollinger
Subject: animation: blending over from pigment{P_Cloud4} to white sky
Date: 23 Apr 2006 16:45:01
Message: <web.444be715122fd3ee431eceef0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

sorry for that question but somtimes I'm too stupid to find the correct
answer on my own. In original state my sky consists of:

sky_sphere {
     pigment{P_Cloud4}
     scale 2
}

In my animation I want to blend this sky out so that I only have a "White"
sky. I tried already a lot of combinations with "transmit clock" but I only
managed to get an black sky. I also tried this in combination with a white
pigment. Can anybody help me, please?

Regards
Wolfgang

Post a reply to this message

wollinger nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 23/04/2006 16:44:
> Hello,
>
> sorry for that question but somtimes I'm too stupid to find the correct
> answer on my own. In original state my sky consists of:
>
> sky_sphere {
>      pigment{P_Cloud4}
>      scale 2
> }
>
> In my animation I want to blend this sky out so that I only have a "White"
> sky. I tried already a lot of combinations with "transmit clock" but I only
> managed to get an black sky. I also tried this in combination with a white
> pigment. Can anybody help me, please?
>
> Regards
> Wolfgang

You can add a layer that have a transmit going from 0 to 1. The pigment will looks
like:
pigment{rgbt <1,1,1,1-clock>}
Will go from totaly transparent, showing previous pigment in the list, to totaly
white.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are

Post a reply to this message

From: Charles C
Date: 24 Apr 2006 01:40:01
Message: <web.444c639875ee21b1200a56120@news.povray.org>
What Alain said, but also adding finish{ambient clock} or finish{ambient 1}
in a texture statement helps, or you'll be fading to whatever amount of
light you've got available.  Try different settings with this and +k.5 for
example :
Charles C

#include "colors.inc"
#include "skies.inc"

camera {location <0,.1,-4> direction 1.5 * z look_at <0,0,0>}
light_source{<-30,30,-30> color rgb 1 }

#declare FadeToWhiteTexture =
        texture{
                pigment { rgbt <1,1,1,1-clock> }
                finish { ambient clock }
        }

sphere{ <0,0,0> 1 texture{FadeToWhiteTexture} scale 5000  }

sky_sphere{ pigment{P_Cloud4} scale 2 }

sphere{0, 1 finish{reflection 1}  }

PS. Woohoo! The website let me log on! (It does once in a while.)