POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Some questions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Some questions (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: brixX
Subject: Some questions
Date: 19 Apr 2006 15:20:01
Message: <web.44468c5a17a48cdd95c034480@news.povray.org>
Hi,

PovRay.

- Is there any chance to implement blurry reflections in Povray?
- Will there ever be another GI mode (I think of path tracing :)

brixX

Post a reply to this message

From: Trevor G Quayle
Subject: Re: Some questions
Date: 19 Apr 2006 15:40:01
Message: <web.4446916e3adb077f6c4803960@news.povray.org>
"brixX" <og_### [at] webde> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> PovRay.

Perhaps fresnel reflection is what you want in POV (See fresnel in "3.5.3.4
Specular Reflection" in the help.

> - Is there any chance to implement blurry reflections in Povray?

Yes, but you have to create it yourself (See "Is blurred reflection
possible?
" http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/languageQandT.html#blurredreflection)

-tgq

Post a reply to this message