POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can I import an object? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Can I import an object? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: PippinofTook
Subject: Can I import an object?
Date: 13 Jul 2005 15:55:01
Message: <web.42d570a8b6ba642ff10432350@news.povray.org>
can I import an object I modeled in a modeling program and have the same
colors?

Post a reply to this message

From: Burki
Subject: Re: Can I import an object?
Date: 13 Jul 2005 16:35:00
Message: <web.42d57906d3abe1e3d61e8c370@news.povray.org>
"PippinofTook" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> can I import an object I modeled in a modeling program and have the same
> colors?

Hi Pippino!

Not from all 3D programs, but for example the freeware "Pose-ray" can import
the Wavefront.OBJ format.
Please write, what 3D application you currently use. If you're asking what
you can use, a lot of people would recommend "Poser" ($ 200) or Wings3D ($
0).
But it will almost always follow the line:
modeller -> importing program -> POV-Ray

I know only of two programs that can export directly to POV-Ray
and these are Wings3D (with a plugin to be downloaded seperately) or
Milkshape (shareware $20).

Yours,
Bu.

Post a reply to this message