POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Noobie Question Re: Drawing a river Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Noobie Question Re: Drawing a river (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: cobrav10
Subject: Noobie Question Re: Drawing a river
Date: 28 Oct 2004 00:20:01
Message: <web.418072e4f84505497f92ae050@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

Am very new to Povray and am trying to draw a scene of a river flowing
through a desert.  I have looked at the tutoials and am up on the sand and
water texture stuff, but am unsure how to draw the river and ground
surfaces.  My thoughts are;

draw 2 planes, 1 for the river and 1 for the ground.
Apply isosurfaces of the texture to them and try to have the ground (bumpy
so bits are higher than the water.
Where the water plane intersects the ground (apply I think the intersect
command) so only the water intersected by the ground (that region) is
displayed.

Am I on the right track??

Thanks for any help.

Post a reply to this message