POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to get a texture like (y>0.8 & z>0.9) -> texture a else -> texture= b? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  How to get a texture like (y>0.8 & z>0.9) -> texture a else -> texture= b? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: D  H  Berlin
Subject: How to get a texture like (y>0.8 & z>0.9) -> texture a else -> texture= b?
Date: 3 Sep 2004 11:25:01
Message: <web.41388c77579d5a0c43ad080a0@news.povray.org>
I hope the title says all :)

I have tried with a function and an declare:
#declare myfu =
 function(py,pz) {
  #if ((py>0.8) & (pz>1-0.1))
    1
  #else
    0
  #end
 };

#declare stufe_holz_metal =
    texture {
      function { myfu(y,z) }
      texture_map {
        [ 0.0 tex_a ]  // tex_a and tex_b are declared elsewhere
        [ 1 tex_b ]
      }
    };

But that doesn't work.

Greetgins
Dieter

Post a reply to this message

From: Josh
Date: 3 Sep 2004 11:32:17
Message: <41388e81$1@news.povray.org>
You might try using an object-texture texture map.  Object textures are
block based, so you specifiy two pigments or textures, for for the object
and one for outside the object.  Once you've done that you can position the
"object" at the coordinates you specified.

Post a reply to this message