POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to get a texture like (y>0.8 & z>0.9) -> texture a else -> texture= b? : Re: How to get a texture like (y>0.8 & z>0.9) -> texture a else -> tex= Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:32:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to get a texture like (y>0.8 & z>0.9) -> texture a else -> tex=
From: Josh
Date: 3 Sep 2004 12:22:58
Message: <41389a62$1@news.povray.org>
> But i would be nice, if there is a way to use functions like i have tried
> for texture maps. It would great to write an own function where all kinds
> of mathematical and _logic_ operations would be useable. The function
would
> just have to give back a value which could determine the entry to use of
> the texturemap.
> Is this possible?

Yes it is if your mad enough to try, I was after something like this a while
back.

But you cant write a function with #IF's (and other SDL ) very easily, the
function syntax is designed for maths gurus.

I gave up on it and went for the object pattern I've described, which allows
you to build a CSG object to cover the area you wantquite easily, with the
advantage of you can make the object visible for alignment etc.