POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Perspective problem w/ Hight_field Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Perspective problem w/ Hight_field (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: destroyedlolo
Subject: Perspective problem w/ Hight_field
Date: 12 Aug 2004 05:50:00
Message: <web.411b3cae1e8d52fe5987fa60@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I got DEM data about this region and converted them to a PNG file (color, 16
bits w/ value split by red and green corposants). I put a scale of 65535 in
Y direction as the value of the DEM is directly in meter and, according to
the POV documentation, the maximum value of 16 bits (65535) correspond to 1
for POV.

The size of this PNG is 512 * 512 and as the DEM file scale is 75 meters by

I use following test script:
**********
#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

// Parametres
#declare vue =  <-8700, 500, 12525>; // D'ou regarde-t-on
#declare cible = <-3450, 628, 10125>; // Vers ou
#declare echelle = 38400; // Echelle a applique sur les MNT

light_source{ <-40000,100000,-50000> White }

#declare terrain = height_field {
 png "tst.png"
 smooth
 translate <-.5, 0, -.5>
 scale <echelle,65535,echelle>

 pigment {
  slope y
  color_map {
   [0 White]
   [0.60 SteelBlue*0.1]
   [0.65 White*2]
   [0.7 Gray95]
   [0.75 Gray80]
   [0.85 MediumForestGreen]
   [1 ForestGreen]
  }
 }
}

camera {
 location vue
 look_at cible
}

object {terrain} // Il faut tracer le terrain

sky_sphere {
 pigment {
  gradient y
  color_map {
   [ 0.5
     color CornflowerBlue ]
   [ 1.0  color MidnightBlue ]
  }
  scale 2
  translate -1
 }
 pigment {
  bozo
  turbulence 0.65
  octaves 6
  omega 0.7
  lambda 2
  color_map {
   [0.0 0.1 color rgb <0.85, 0.85, 0.85>
      color rgb <0.75, 0.75, 0.75>]
   [0.1 0.5 color rgb <0.75, 0.75, 0.75>
      color rgbt <1, 1, 1, 1>]
   [0.5 1.0 color rgbt <1, 1, 1, 1>
      color rgbt <1, 1, 1, 1>]
  }
  scale <0.2, 0.5, 0.2>
 }

 rotate x*90
}

Does someone know which parameter I can change to resolve this problem ?

Thanks and regards.

Laurent

Post a reply to this message