POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Perspective problem w/ Hight_field : Re: Perspective problem w/ Hight_field Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perspective problem w/ Hight_field
From: gonzo
Date: 13 Aug 2004 01:16:57
Message: <411c4ec9@news.povray.org>
destroyedlolo wrote:
> To explain better my problem, please have a look on a real photo :
>
> http://mamaf.online.fr/Annecy/image13.htm
>
> And now my POV image (almost from the same point of view) :
>
> http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080/~laurent/Lac.jpg
>
> As you can see, the little hill in the 1st plan is quite ok but the big
> mountain on the background looks very very flattened.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Laurent

Hi Laurent, the photo is using a very long focal length lens which
compresses distance and exaggerates perspective. Looks like an 700mm or
higher lens.

One of the POV gurus may know how to convert standard camera focal
lengths into POV statements, but I don't :-(

You should read sections 2.3.1.1.3, 2.3.1.1.4, and  2.3.1.1.5 of the
POV-Ray docs about camera angles and distance.  If its possible, you may
be able to do it with just the direction & angle keywords, or else try
moving your camera further back and use a smaller angle.

RG