POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Perspective problem w/ Hight_field : Re: Perspective problem w/ Hight_field Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perspective problem w/ Hight_field
From: destroyedlolo
Date: 13 Aug 2004 19:42:20
Message: <411D5F69.6040106@yahoo.com>
Hi Gonzo,

gonzo wrote:

> Hi Laurent, the photo is using a very long focal length lens which
> compresses distance and exaggerates perspective. Looks like an 700mm or
> higher lens.

... and it's also what my eyes show ;-D

> One of the POV gurus may know how to convert standard camera focal
> lengths into POV statements, but I don't :-(

I'll try in the advanced user NG also.

> You should read sections 2.3.1.1.3, 2.3.1.1.4, and  2.3.1.1.5 of the
> POV-Ray docs about camera angles and distance.  If its possible, you may
> be able to do it with just the direction & angle keywords, or else try
> moving your camera further back and use a smaller angle.

I make some other tests using angles (and w/ a better point of view).

* The image without specifying any "angle" :
http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080/~laurent/sans_angle.jpg

* The same with "angle 38" :
http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080/~laurent/angle_38.jpg

The result is better but ... you have to know the original view to
recognize the mountains :-(

The other point is if I continue to reduce "Angle", I have also to move
my camera further and it's bad because there is other mountains in my back.

Bye

Laurent