POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Unable to view images while rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Unable to view images while rendering (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: Unable to view images while rendering
Date: 13 Jan 2004 09:46:09
Message: <1418009ug8d89slvvbtgk0lkes142hg5f5@4ax.com>
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:58:13 EST, "Bobby" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>I tried this as well...
>export DISPLAY=localhost

I think this should read

export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg

From: Bobby
Date: 13 Jan 2004 10:45:04
Message: <web.400412386d14ca17bf698f0e0@news.povray.org>
>Installed from source? I'm thinking maybe it compiled without X11
>support...

Hi all,

I'm using Gentoo Linux 1.4. It's a source based distro.

Yes, I did infact compile povray from source with support for: X and svga.

The strange thing here is, I compiled povray on my workstation with the
exact same settings and it works as it should without any tinkering.
However like I mentioned earlier in this thread, on my laptop something
seems to be hosed.

I have tried to recompile povray about 4 times with the same results. I was
thinking I had a bad build or something.

Thanks,

Bobby

Post a reply to this message