POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Unable to view images while rendering : Re: Unable to view images while rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unable to view images while rendering
From: Dan P
Date: 13 Jan 2004 19:17:15
Message: <40048a8b$1@news.povray.org>
news:h3o### [at] tritonimagicode...
<snip>
> Please tell what version you are using, the problems you describe quite
> strongly indicate that it is not the official binary but a custom compile.
>
> Christoph

Yeah, I agree -- PovRay is extremely stable on Linux and I've never seen it
fail. What really concerns me is that -geometry doesn't work. That really
leads me to believe that you have a custom compile.

Hey, by any chance, do you have povray as a script somewhere? That might
explain it too. Try "which povray" and look at the file. If it is binary,
you're okay on that front.