POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Unable to view images while rendering : Re: Unable to view images while rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unable to view images while rendering
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Jan 2004 12:02:03
Message: <cv8gd1-1ds.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Bobby wrote:
>[...]
>
> Now to render.as normal user....
> # /usr/local/bin/povray diffract.pov
>
> Of course I get a nasty error:
> --------------------------------------
> Parsing...Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Reading from
> /usr/local/share/povray-3.5/scenes/advanced/diffract.pov is not permitted.
> Check the configuration in /usr/local/etc/povray.conf or ~/.povray.conf.
> --------------------------------------
>
> Ok now onto my problem. There is no configuration file located at
> /usr/local/etc/povray.conf or ~/.povray.conf ?????????????????
>
> I would be more than happy to create it myself but I don't even know what
> goes in there.

There is a sample povray.conf file included in the binary package that
is copied to /usr/local/share/povray-3.5 by the install script.  Just
copy it to /usr/local/etc/povray.conf or ~/.povray.conf and things will
work.  The syntax of this file is described in the docs.  Note the
install script will be much more comfortable in the next version, in 3.5
it is fairly sparse.

Note that you will still get an error with your command unless you have
file output disabled in your povray.ini - povray will try to write the
image file into the current dir and fail.

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______