POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : --- Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  --- (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: ingo
Subject: Re: radiosity not getting it right
Date: 11 Mar 2004 12:05:16
Message: <Xns94A9B7FF4A070seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:40506348@news.povray.org crz wrote:

> but when I add a color to the background
> it completly illuminates the scene. The question I have is: when
> looking to the sample file, I cannot find a string that says that
> there is a background color, the floor and background are one and the
> same color. How do you do that.

Had a quick look, there seems to be no background defined in the files
you privided. If you add a background, or sky_sphere, it will hava an
ambient value of 1. This mean, with a radiosity scene it is as if the
whole background radiates light. A way to overcome this is to ad a plane
behind your scene or put a sphere with texture around it. On these you
can control the ambient value. all that provided I understand your
question right.

> PS: I've included my *.inc files + .pov file:

Ahummm, this is not a group where binaries shoud be posted. Please check
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions for some posting guidance.

Also, when you have questions regarding a scene, please reduce the file
(s) to a minimum size. The amount of stuff in the files you attache is
rather overwhelming.

Ingo

Post a reply to this message