POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : --- : Re: radiosity not getting it right Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity not getting it right
From: crz
Date: 11 Mar 2004 12:55:13
Message: <4050a801@news.povray.org>
well I use the file "radiosity3.pov" as my reference file, and as far as I
can find out no background is defined there, thats what I don't get. Cause
when I do exactly the same in my scene I get a blank (black) background. And
what I also find strange is that when I reduce the radius of the sphere in
the "radiosity3.pov" file a clear border line between sphere and groundplate
is visuable (hard line) well doing the same in my scene results in a very
blurry one (looks ok, but why it happens is not clear to me).

When using the sky_sphere there the scene looks the way I would like it to
be (so no background visuable exacte the sky_sphere) but that really has
negative effect on my scene as it become really hard to distinct between the
different object. There seems to be less contract using sky_sphere instead
of sphere.

anyway one general remark: hope to be of assistance in the future for other
newbies, really had no idea that povray was so powerfull, although the
textual interface is quit strange for a GUI-man :)