POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : --- : Re: radiosity not getting it right Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity not getting it right
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Mar 2004 13:20:02
Message: <c2qaka$84n$1@chho.imagico.de>
crz wrote:
> well I use the file "radiosity3.pov" as my reference file, and as far as I
> can find out no background is defined there, thats what I don't get. Cause
> when I do exactly the same in my scene I get a blank (black) background. And
> what I also find strange is that when I reduce the radius of the sphere in
> the "radiosity3.pov" file a clear border line between sphere and groundplate
> is visuable (hard line) well doing the same in my scene results in a very
> blurry one (looks ok, but why it happens is not clear to me).

That scene uses a large sphere for the sky.  You will always get a
visible line at the horizon in such a scene unless the sky and the
ground plane have the same color.  The radius of the sphere will not
change that.  Note that in this sample scene the sky and the ground do
in fact have the same color at the horizon if the light source is turned
off.

Christoph

Last updated 07 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______