POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Accuracy of Optics Server Time
29 Apr 2024 01:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Accuracy of Optics (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Ben
Subject: Accuracy of Optics
Date: 18 Nov 2011 00:00:01
Message: <web.4ec5e60e3cba45c9ead97900@news.povray.org>
Can POVRay be used to make nearly-accurate-to-physics models for optics beyond
refraction and reflection... to diffraction, interference, etc.?

If so, does anyone have examples of setting up objects with whatever settings
are As Realistic As Possible, minimizing "cheating", understanding that the
photon model has some limits, accepting that this endeavor will take a Huge
number of compute cycles, and so on.

Ben

Post a reply to this message