POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : cylinder camera Server Time
30 Jun 2024 15:07:37 EDT (-0400)
  cylinder camera (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Anton Sherwood
Subject: cylinder camera
Date: 7 Mar 2011 04:45:25
Message: <4d74a935$1@news.povray.org>
I have in mind some designs to be printed on cylinders,
so that an eye at the center of the cylinder sees a realistic scene.

camera { cylinder 1 angle 360 }
seems to be what I want, but the documentation is thin.
How do I adjust the aspect ratio?  What else do I need to know?
Is there a decent tutorial somewhere?

--
Anton Sherwood *\\* bendwavy.org

Post a reply to this message

> I have in mind some designs to be printed on cylinders,
> so that an eye at the center of the cylinder sees a realistic scene.
>
> camera { cylinder 1 angle 360 }
> seems to be what I want, but the documentation is thin.
> How do I adjust the aspect ratio?  What else do I need to know?
> Is there a decent tutorial somewhere?

Your right the documentation is thin there.
When doubt try some experiments there fun!
There is nothing like the kick you get when you find out something on
your own.
I use { right x*image_width/image_height } in the camera on most all my
pictures.

Have Fun!

Post a reply to this message

From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 9 Mar 2011 03:01:12
Message: <4d7733c8$1@news.povray.org>

> I have in mind some designs to be printed on cylinders, so that an
> eye at the center of the cylinder sees a realistic scene.
>
> camera { cylinder 1 angle 360 } seems to be what I want, but the
> documentation is thin. How do I adjust the aspect ratio?

   I never used this camera until recently... and my guess was that
aspect ratio shold be 2:1. It seems to work for my purpose (making
backgrounds for TORCS and SPEED-DREAMS).

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org

Post a reply to this message

From: Anton Sherwood
Date: 13 Mar 2011 14:40:35
Message: <4d7d0fa3$1@news.povray.org>

Leroy Whetstone wrote:
> Your right the documentation is thin there.
> When doubt try some experiments there fun!
> There is nothing like the kick you get when you find out something on
> your own.

Since my project is (as usual) about abstract geometric structures,
I'd rather work out accurate aspect ratios with algebra than grope for
something that looks more-or-less right.

--
Anton Sherwood *\\* www.bendwavy.org *\\* www.zazzle.com/tamfang