POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Q: explode.inc from Chris Colefax Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Q: explode.inc from Chris Colefax (Message 11 to 20 of 22)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Reinhard
Subject: Re: explode.inc from Chris Colefax
Date: 23 Jun 2008 04:14:03
Message: <485f5b4b$1@news.povray.org>
Dave Matthews wrote:
> Reinhard <rpr### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>
>> What kind of shape would you use to explode a planet, in my case the earth?
>>
>> regards,
>> Reinhard
>
> Man, I hope the US Office of Homeland Security isn't following this thread! ;-)

Shall I explode other planets? Dave, make a suggestion. Which would you
prefer? ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 23 Jun 2008 05:00:12
Message: <igpu549qq99lm9hk02o0lqdedc0nge483o@4ax.com>
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:14:03 +0200, Reinhard <rpr### [at] gmxnet> wrote:

>Dave Matthews wrote:
>> Reinhard <rpr### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>>
>>> What kind of shape would you use to explode a planet, in my case the earth?
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Reinhard
>>
>> Man, I hope the US Office of Homeland Security isn't following this thread! ;-)
>
>Shall I explode other planets? Dave, make a suggestion. Which would you
>prefer? ;-)

How about Mars? They have always had it in for us :)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Reinhard
Date: 23 Jun 2008 06:37:00
Message: <485f7ccc@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:14:03 +0200, Reinhard <rpr### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>
>>Dave Matthews wrote:

>>> Man, I hope the US Office of Homeland Security isn't following this thread! ;-)
>>
>>Shall I explode other planets? Dave, make a suggestion. Which would you
>>prefer? ;-)
>>

> How about Mars? They have always had it in for us :)

Oh, I do not have the Mars image for the image_map. Can you provide it
to me, or is it confidential? :) Could it be? I am from Austria, so I do
not know...

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:36:59 +0200, Reinhard <rpr### [at] gmxnet> wrote:

>> How about Mars? They have always had it in for us :)
>
>Oh, I do not have the Mars image for the image_map. Can you provide it
>to me, or is it confidential? :) Could it be?

First one I could find on Google
http://planetpixelemporium.com/mars.html

You can get the lower resolution ones for free also the Moray site has
all the solar system planets zipped in the download section.

> I am from Austria, so I do
>not know...

That is no excuse :-)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:36:59 +0200, Reinhard <rpr### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>
>>> How about Mars? They have always had it in for us :)
>> Oh, I do not have the Mars image for the image_map. Can you provide it
>> to me, or is it confidential? :) Could it be?
>
> First one I could find on Google
> http://planetpixelemporium.com/mars.html
>
> You can get the lower resolution ones for free also the Moray site has
> all the solar system planets zipped in the download section.
>
>> I am from Austria, so I do
>> not know...
>
> That is no excuse :-)

To whom it may from interest: this is the result:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=x4REoSC95Ps

regards,
Reinhard

Post a reply to this message