POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : halo command error Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  halo command error (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: james lake
Subject: halo command error
Date: 11 May 2008 16:05:00
Message: <web.482750f51d068561d4dec990@news.povray.org>
Hello:

I'm a new user and am trying to model the Earth with an atmosphere using a
downloaded file, but when I run the file this part:

//----------------------------------------------------------------------
// A thin blue halo, becoming lighter as it approaches the planet's
// surface.
//
#declare PlanetAtmosphere = sphere { <0,0,0>, 1
  pigment { colour rgbt <1,1,1,1> }
  halo {
    glowing
    spherical_mapping
    linear
    colour_map {
      [0.00 colour rgbt <0,0,2,1>]
      [0.05 colour rgbt <2,2,2,0>]
      [1.00 colour rgbt <2,2,2,0>]
    }
    samples 10
  }
  hollow
  scale 1.05
}

Gives me this error:

Parse Error: No matching } in 'sphere', undeclared identifier 'halo' found
instead

I know the halo command has been replaced, but I don't know how to fix this.

HELP!

James

Post a reply to this message