POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : halo command error : Re: halo command error Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: halo command error
From: Jan Dvorak
Date: 15 May 2008 23:41:45
Message: <482d0279$1@news.povray.org>
james lake napsal(a):
> Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> james lake nous illumina en ce 2008-05-14 19:41 -->
>>> I tried this and it works, but now the Earth is a solid white sphere.  Is there
>>> another command that must accompany these?  Or should I change the settings?
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help!
>>>
>>> James Lake
>>>

>> You put that object around your earth, scaled 5% larger than the size of the
>> earth sphere.
>>
>> --
>> Alain
>> You know you've been raytracing too long when you've ever "lost" a Julia fractal
>> because you're not quite sure how to align things in four dimensions.
>> Dylan Beattie
>
> I did that but it still generates a solid white sphere.  It is not transparent,
> and does not fade at the edges.  There must be another setting or command that
> has to change.  The planet and the atmosphere get put together with this:
>
> #declare Planet = union {
>   object { PlanetSphere }
>   #ifndef (Quick)
>     object { PlanetCloudSphere0 }
>     object { PlanetAtmosphere }
>   #end
> }
>
> Is this a good way to do it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Try greatly reducing the media density. The density required is very
dependent on your earth size.
Simply add another density block inside the media, like:
density{
}
density{
  rgb 1e-5
}

--
You know you've been raytracing too long when...
you ever saw a beautiful scenery and regretted not to take your 6"