POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Photons Issue Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Photons Issue (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Simon
Subject: Photons Issue
Date: 3 Feb 2008 06:52:54
Message: <47a5ab16@news.povray.org>
I wonder if omeone can help me. I've posted a scene in text.s-f and an image
in p.b.i

I'm obviously doing something wrong - would someone please explain why I
can't see lighter/darker patshes on the plain/wall due to photons through
the "water" ? I'm trying to generate the effect of light bouncing off AND
focusing through the water.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Basiclife

Post a reply to this message

> I wonder if omeone can help me. I've posted a scene in text.s-f and an image
> in p.b.i
>
> I'm obviously doing something wrong - would someone please explain why I
> can't see lighter/darker patshes on the plain/wall due to photons through
> the "water" ? I'm trying to generate the effect of light bouncing off AND
> focusing through the water.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Basiclife

I haven't seen the scene file but:
-set the water as photon target (the first object in the path)
-set the water photon refracting
-set the mirror photon reflecting
-set the wall photon gathering

Post a reply to this message

Christoph's Povray water tutorial is invaluable:
http://www.imagico.de/pov/water/index.html

Post a reply to this message

>> I wonder if omeone can help me. I've posted a scene in text.s-f and an
>> image in p.b.i
>>
>> I'm obviously doing something wrong - would someone please explain why
>> I can't see lighter/darker patshes on the plain/wall due to photons
>> through the "water" ? I'm trying to generate the effect of light
>> bouncing off AND focusing through the water.
>>
>> Any help greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Basiclife
>>
> I haven't seen the scene file but:
> -set the water as photon target (the first object in the path)
 > -set the water photon refracting

My water block is:
	hollow on
  	#if(Photons)
  	photons {
	  	target
		refraction on
		reflection on
		collect off
	}
	#end

> -set the wall photon gathering

My wall has:

	photons {
		collect on
	}

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by:
 > -set the mirror photon reflecting

As the only mirrored surafce is the water surface which I think covered
with the
	reflection on
in the water block.

Does this all seem correct?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Post a reply to this message

> Christoph's Povray water tutorial is invaluable:
> http://www.imagico.de/pov/water/index.html
Thanks it looks really handy, I'll have a read.