POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : White elements in a model Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:57 EDT (-0400)
  White elements in a model (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: sitha
Subject: White elements in a model
Date: 28 Nov 2006 23:05:00
Message: <web.456d05a6ea47f4204ac3566b0@news.povray.org>
Hi Everybody,
I visualize a city by POV-ray specially using nodes and elements.

In some building some white elements appear. I just picked up a building and
located two elements. I just made pov file for those two elements as
follows,

//This is file number 69
#include "colors.inc"
#include "shapes.inc"
#include "stones.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
#include "glass.inc"
#include "metals.inc"

 camera {
 right <-1.33, 0, 0>
 sky <0, 0, 1>
  location <2100, 2500, 150>
 look_at <70, 50, 30>
 angle 90
   }

// light_source{
// <2000,2000,7000>
//color red 1 green 1 blue 1
//}

 sky_sphere{
      pigment{
 wrinkles
color_map{
 [ 0.0 White*0.9 ]
 [ 1.0 color rgb<0.3,0.4,1.2>]
 }
  scale <1, 0.3, 0.3>
 }
 }

 plane{z,0
 pigment{
 color rgb<1.0,0.6,0.1>*1.7
 }
 finish {phong 0.5}
 }

 // FEM data

 #declare city =
 mesh2{
 vertex_vectors{
 6,
< 818.784, 2123.2, 42.6911>,
< 820.129, 2135.64, 64.6426,
< 820.034, 2134.76, 56.6635>,
< 819.45, 2129.36, 30.7557>,
< 819.996, 2134.41, 38.5157>,
< 820.87, 2142.5, 57.469>,//
}
texture_list {2,
               texture{pigment{rgb<1,10,10>}}
               texture{pigment{rgb<1,1,1>}}
               }

 face_indices {2,

< 1, 2, 5>,0 , 0 , 0 ,

< 3, 4, 0>,0 , 0 , 0 ,

 }
 }

 object { city
 scale <1.2, 1.2, 1.2>
rotate <0,0,-4>
translate <0, -200, 0>}

I assigned color like peacock blue. But it appears white and in some part
blue.
When I change the coordinate of first two nodes as follows,
818.784->818.78
820.129->820.12
The nodes color is perfectly all right. I thought it could be the reason of
refrection or reflection of light and then I removed light, but still
problem is existing.

Pls help me what could be the reason for this type of miracle.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sitha.

Post a reply to this message

sitha nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 28/11/2006 22:59:
> Hi Everybody,
> I visualize a city by POV-ray specially using nodes and elements.

> In some building some white elements appear. I just picked up a building and
> located two elements. I just made pov file for those two elements as
> follows,

> texture_list {2,
>                texture{pigment{rgb<1,10,10>}}
Here the problem. Whenever the lighting is less than 1 or there is anything to
atenuate the colour, it will turn out as cyan. When it's fully lit, it apears as
white due to clipping.
A value of 1 means 100% intensity. You may want to divide your values:
pigment{rgb<1,10,10>/10}
>                texture{pigment{rgb<1,1,1>}}
To keep things proportional:
pigment{<rgb 0.1}

--
Alain
Wanna be lonely? Get married.

Post a reply to this message

From: sitha
Date: 29 Nov 2006 23:00:00
Message: <web.456e56f810da7edc4ac3566b0@news.povray.org>
Dear Alain,
I am very thankful for your advice and help.Still I have a trouble when I
define the value as you mentioned.
rgb<.1,1,1>
But now again one element has trouble, it appears peakcock blue with balck
color in some part in the element. I am confused much.

Pls help me........

Regards,
Sitha.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 30 Nov 2006 21:49:14
Message: <456f982a@news.povray.org>
sitha nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 29/11/2006 22:58:
> Dear Alain,
> I am very thankful for your advice and help.Still I have a trouble when I
> define the value as you mentioned.
> rgb<.1,1,1>
> But now again one element has trouble, it appears peakcock blue with balck
> color in some part in the element. I am confused much.

> Pls help me........

> Regards,
> Sitha.

Can you post the source? The place to do it is povray.binaries.scene-files.

--
Alain
Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.