POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : White elements in a model : White elements in a model Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:53 EDT (-0400)
  White elements in a model
From: sitha
Date: 28 Nov 2006 23:05:00
Message: <web.456d05a6ea47f4204ac3566b0@news.povray.org>
Hi Everybody,
I visualize a city by POV-ray specially using nodes and elements.

In some building some white elements appear. I just picked up a building and
located two elements. I just made pov file for those two elements as
follows,

//This is file number 69
#include "colors.inc"
#include "shapes.inc"
#include "stones.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
#include "glass.inc"
#include "metals.inc"

 camera {
 right <-1.33, 0, 0>
 sky <0, 0, 1>
  location <2100, 2500, 150>
 look_at <70, 50, 30>
 angle 90
   }

// light_source{
// <2000,2000,7000>
//color red 1 green 1 blue 1
//}

 sky_sphere{
      pigment{
 wrinkles
color_map{
 [ 0.0 White*0.9 ]
 [ 1.0 color rgb<0.3,0.4,1.2>]
 }
  scale <1, 0.3, 0.3>
 }
 }

 plane{z,0
 pigment{
 color rgb<1.0,0.6,0.1>*1.7
 }
 finish {phong 0.5}
 }

 // FEM data

 #declare city =
 mesh2{
 vertex_vectors{
 6,
< 818.784, 2123.2, 42.6911>,
< 820.129, 2135.64, 64.6426,
< 820.034, 2134.76, 56.6635>,
< 819.45, 2129.36, 30.7557>,
< 819.996, 2134.41, 38.5157>,
< 820.87, 2142.5, 57.469>,//
}
texture_list {2,
               texture{pigment{rgb<1,10,10>}}
               texture{pigment{rgb<1,1,1>}}
               }

 face_indices {2,

< 1, 2, 5>,0 , 0 , 0 ,

< 3, 4, 0>,0 , 0 , 0 ,

 }
 }

 object { city
 scale <1.2, 1.2, 1.2>
rotate <0,0,-4>
translate <0, -200, 0>}

I assigned color like peacock blue. But it appears white and in some part
blue.
When I change the coordinate of first two nodes as follows,
818.784->818.78
820.129->820.12
The nodes color is perfectly all right. I thought it could be the reason of
refrection or reflection of light and then I removed light, but still
problem is existing.

Pls help me what could be the reason for this type of miracle.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sitha.