POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using A GIF for a background Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Using A GIF for a background (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: briuloadedbhp@hotmail com
Subject: Using A GIF for a background
Date: 26 Jul 2006 11:30:01
Message: <web.44c78a47651c1cb2c1709b0c0@news.povray.org>
I was starting a graphic and I wanted to use a photograph that I converted
into a GIF. How is it possible to make a Gif into a background and put a
metal sphere or another object into the foreground making it look like the
GIF in the background all fits together realistically, so it looks like all
one picture. Appreciate your attention.               Brian

Post a reply to this message

"bri### [at] hotmailcom" <bri### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I was starting a graphic and I wanted to use a photograph that I converted
> into a GIF. How is it possible to make a Gif into a background and put a
> metal sphere or another object into the foreground making it look like the
> GIF in the background all fits together realistically, so it looks like all
> one picture. Appreciate your attention.               Brian

Help my name is stuck

Post a reply to this message

"bri### [at] hotmailcom" <bri### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I was starting a graphic and I wanted to use a photograph that I converted
> into a GIF. How is it possible to make a Gif into a background and put a
> metal sphere or another object into the foreground making it look like the
> GIF in the background all fits together realistically, so it looks like all
> one picture. Appreciate your attention.               Brian

The concept of a background image is not supported in Pov-Ray, but you can
create a screen (cube) and use an image_map to project a bit-mapped image
on it. Then you can place your sphere in front of it.
See 3.5.1.5.1  Specifying an Image Map

Stephen

Post a reply to this message