POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : screen.inc and animation/rotation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  screen.inc and animation/rotation (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: wollinger
Subject: screen.inc and animation/rotation
Date: 20 Apr 2006 15:45:01
Message: <web.4447e4473b0e2653beed6d660@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

how can I rotate an camera which is created by screen.inc (to include text
while moving around in my animation)?

I had before using screen.inc:
#declare My_Camera=<424510, 3000, 279020>;  // Ausgangspos Cam
#declare Object_Center=<423800,   1300,   284860>;  // Rotationszentrum

#declare Cam_Pos=() ;  // zum transferrieren der Positionen
#declare Rot_Angle_Y=-135;

camera {
        location My_Camera
        Rotate_Around_Trans(<0,Rot_Angle_Y,0>, Object_Center)
        look_at Object_Center
        angle 90 // vertical camera aperture
        }

but now I want to include text while changing Rot_Angle_Y (by multiplying
with clock), but something like the following is not working:

 Set_Camera_Location(My_Camera {Rotate_Around_Trans(<0,Rot_Angle_Y,0>,
Object_Center)})
 Set_Camera_Look_At(Object_Center)
 Set_Camera_Aspect(720,576)
 Set_Camera_Angle(90)

Is there a way to calculate the new position before I
"Set_Camera_Location()}?

Thanks
Wolfgang

PS: The ulimative goal would be to have an text blended in (animated text)
while rotating around my object (Cam_Center).

Post a reply to this message