POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POv code from movray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  POv code from movray (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: amar
Subject: POv code from movray
Date: 21 Mar 2006 08:25:00
Message: <web.441ffde1b2a1aa63d9284750@news.povray.org>
Hello Everbody, first of all i thank those who helped me with my first
question, :) and sorry for posting the same question in multiple groups. i
now have a simple question.. is it possible to generate a pov-ray code(SDL
code) from a scene generated using movray? i would like to do this..
becuase i want to edit some features of my camera settings. would be
thankful to anybody who has a suggestion for me in this regard

Thnk you verymuch in advance

Cheers
amar

Post a reply to this message

> Hello Everbody, first of all i thank those who helped me with my first
> question, :) and sorry for posting the same question in multiple groups. i
> now have a simple question.. is it possible to generate a pov-ray code(SDL
> code) from a scene generated using movray? i would like to do this..
> becuase i want to edit some features of my camera settings. would be
> thankful to anybody who has a suggestion for me in this regard
>
> Thnk you verymuch in advance
>

> Cheers
> amar

Moray does this for you. If you look in your renter options (Alt + F9) in

POVSCREEN
Here you will find .POV, .INI and .INC files with the same name as your
Moray file.
A hint; open them in PovRay and save them in an other directory as Moray
will overwrite them if it is run again. You might have to add the path to

All the materials in your Moray scene are written to your myMorayScene.inc
and the rendering settings in the myMorayScene.ini. This is the file you
run in PovRay.

Post a reply to this message

> Hello Everbody, first of all i thank those who helped me with my first
> question, :) and sorry for posting the same question in multiple groups. i
> now have a simple question.. is it possible to generate a pov-ray code(SDL
> code) from a scene generated using movray? i would like to do this..
> becuase i want to edit some features of my camera settings. would be
> thankful to anybody who has a suggestion for me in this regard
>
> Thnk you verymuch in advance
>

> Cheers
> amar

I presume you refer to Moray...
Moray outputs  SDL files to POV.
These files are in the folder set in render options (Alt+F9) "Directory for
POV files" is what you are looking for.

Say you saved your scene as "My-scene.mdl"

In the export directory, you can find:
"My_scene.pov" for the global_settings, cameras, lights, geometry...
"My_scene.inc" for the materials and textures
"My_scene.ini" for the render settings as image size, anti-aliasing
settings...
Sometimes extra include files for rotational or translational sweeps
exported as triangles.

Marc

Post a reply to this message

> Hello Everbody, first of all i thank those who helped me with my first
> question, :) and sorry for posting the same question in multiple groups. i
> now have a simple question.. is it possible to generate a pov-ray code(SDL
> code) from a scene generated using movray? i would like to do this..
> becuase i want to edit some features of my camera settings. would be
> thankful to anybody who has a suggestion for me in this regard
>
> Thnk you verymuch in advance
>

> Cheers
> amar

I presume you are reffering to Moray :-)

Moray exports SDL to POV

You can see (and set) in which folder POV file are exported in the render
options tab(Alt+F9)
"Directory for POV files" is what you are looking for.
Say you saved your scene as "My_scene.mdl"
In that directory, you can find
"My_scene.pov" which contains global_settings, camera, light and geometry
"My_scene.inc" which contains the materials and textures
"My_scene.ini" which contains render settings as image height and width,
anti-aliasing etc..
sometimes some extra files but the mains are those 3.

If you want the opportunity to type SDL directly in Moray, you can try
InsertCode plugin
http://www.stmuc.com/moray/download/pub/moray/plugins/InsertCodeMFC%201001.zip

Marc

Post a reply to this message