POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wanting more dense smoke/fog Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:06 EDT (-0400)
  Wanting more dense smoke/fog (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: cawlfiel
Subject: Wanting more dense smoke/fog
Date: 28 Sep 2005 23:15:01
Message: <web.433b5be977bafa8c147f97e40@news.povray.org>
I am working on a scene where I want a small trail of steam.  But just using
a scattering media doesn't give enough substance to it.  I do slightly
better (loosing a bit of realism perhaps) by turning on emission and
absorption.  But it's still not enough.  The only knob I know to adjust for
the density of the media is the color, with black being no density and
white being some maximum.  I would like to be able to adjust the maximum.
Is there some media parameter such as mean_free_path or penetration_depth
that I'm not aware of?  The only thing I can figure out is to scale my
entire scene by some large factor, but I was hoping it wouldn't come to
that (a lot of work).

fade_distance and fade_power are tantalizingly close, but when I adjust
these it simply darkens the entire interior.

Post a reply to this message