POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Clear Plastik texture? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Clear Plastik texture? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Maik Schmidt
Subject: Clear Plastik texture?
Date: 5 Jun 2005 09:31:20
Message: <42a2fea8$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I've programmed some scenes for my SF-story. Now I'm trying to make some
  plastic pyramids resembling the Icehouse Pieces from Looney Labs so I
can send "saved" game statuses via mail.

The form and setup will be no problem but I do not get the texture
right. I've tried around with filtered transparency and transmit values
and glas finishes but I do not get something looking like this:

http://wunderland.com/WhatsNewPics/2002/RainbowSpread.jpg

Does perhaps someone has a texture setting which makes my material look
something like that?

Sincerely,
Maik Schmidt

Post a reply to this message

> Does perhaps someone has a texture setting which makes my material look
> something like that?

  I think that an important part of the look is the shape of those
objects, not just their material.
  If you model those things with perfectly straight surfaces you will
probably get a much more boring result.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message