POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Clear Plastik texture? : Re: Clear Plastik texture? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clear Plastik texture?
From: Alain
Date: 5 Jun 2005 17:14:21
Message: <42a36b2d$1@news.povray.org>
Maik Schmidt nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-06-05 09:29:
> Hi!
>
> I've programmed some scenes for my SF-story. Now I'm trying to make some
>  plastic pyramids resembling the Icehouse Pieces from Looney Labs so I
> can send "saved" game statuses via mail.
>
> The form and setup will be no problem but I do not get the texture
> right. I've tried around with filtered transparency and transmit values
> and glas finishes but I do not get something looking like this:
>
> http://wunderland.com/WhatsNewPics/2002/RainbowSpread.jpg
>
> Does perhaps someone has a texture setting which makes my material look
> something like that?
>
> Sincerely,
> Maik Schmidt
The most realistic results are generaly achieved using a pigment of rgbt 1. The colour
comes fron
the interior like this: interios{ior 1.4 fade_color ClearYellow fade_distance 1
fade_power 1
dispersion 1.01} you may use fade_power 1000 also, both are good, use the one that
works best in
your case.
Add some reflection in your finish, probably variable fresnel reflection. Adding
conserve_energy
usualy help.
The opaque ones can be done with a regular pigment or by setting fade_distance to a
small value
relative to the object's size.

Alain