POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wide angle renders Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Wide angle renders (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Chicken Graveyard
Subject: Wide angle renders
Date: 7 Feb 2005 17:50:00
Message: <web.4207efd235c4c1ada4a324870@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I am a somewhat experienced pov user, but recently I had an idea to do
something that I have never done before and I have no idea how to do it: I
have dual displays at work and I wanted to take some of my images and
render them at 2560x1024.

What I am looking for is a panoramic effect, meaning if I double the display
size I should also double the width of the image, which should result in
there being information on the screen which was not previously visible. I
have tried to simple approach of adding an entry in the quickres.ini file,
but that only resulted in distorted egg shaped spheres with the same
elements that were in the 1280x1024 image. (Basically, what used to be 1
pixel was now 2).

I am honestly not even sure what to call this effect. I have looked at both
the camera 'angle', as well as the 'up' and 'right' vectors, but I am not
quite
sure how to use them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Duane

Post a reply to this message