POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wide angle renders : Re: Wide angle renders Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wide angle renders
From: Slime
Date: 10 Feb 2005 20:25:46
Message: <420c099a$1@news.povray.org>
> This will show only half the vertical area you had before and the same
horizontal area.
> If you want to keep the same vertical view you'd need to double the vewing
angle by doubling the
> angle. This way, the center half will show what you where seeing before,
but the view will expand
> sideway to show more of your scene.

If you don't specify the angle at all, then this is not the case. Doubling
the right vector expands the horizontal view area without changing the
vertical area.

We had a discussion about this a month or two ago, and your comment is only
true when certain other properties of the camera are specified. I believe
this includes the angle keyword (since it specifies the horizontal angle,
overriding the up/right vector lengths), and *possibly* the direction
keyword.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]