POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wide angle renders : Re: Wide angle renders Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wide angle renders
From: Alain
Date: 10 Feb 2005 19:35:42
Message: <420bfdde@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-02-07 20:00:
> up and right define the viewing axis'. Normally, you'd set up as <0,1,0> and
> right as the proportion of x to y (1.33*x). If you want to make a
> "widescreen" type of image, you'd need to define a different proportion,
> e.g. up=<0,1,0> and right=<2,0,0> for an image at (2:1)*M resolutions. In
> your case, since you're just doubling the x, right should be <2.66,0,0>.
>
> There is other stuff lurking in the mathematical depth of this, but for
> starters, that should suffice (and that's actually all I use anyway...).
>
> Regards,
> Tim

This will show only half the vertical area you had before and the same horizontal
area.
If you want to keep the same vertical view you'd need to double the vewing angle by
doubling the
angle. This way, the center half will show what you where seeing before, but the view
will expand
sideway to show more of your scene.

Alain